Table of Contents
Niacinamide, or Vitamin B3, is a water-soluble vitamin that is becoming increasingly popular as a key ingredient in modern skincare. It offers a range of benefits, from enhancing skin hydration to minimizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. In this article, we'll explore what does niacinamide do for skin and why it's becoming a must-have in many skincare routines.
Brightens Skin Tone
One of the key advantages of niacinamide is that it can brighten the skin tone. Hyperpigmentation, age spots (ou dark spots), and uneven skin tone can be annoying to deal with, but niacinamide can help to minimize the appearance of these skin concerns. By preventing the transfer of melanin to skin cells, niacinamide evens out skin tone, leaving it looking brighter and more radiant.
Improves Skin Barrier Function
The skin's barrier function is vital for protecting against environmental damage and maintaining hydration levels. Niacinamide strengthens the skin's barrier, reducing the risk of dryness, flakiness, and sensitivity. It's an ideal ingredient for people with sensitive skin or who live in harsh climates.
Reduces Fine Lines and Wrinkles
Fine lines and wrinkles are a natural part of aging, but niacinamide can help reduce their appearance. This ingredient has been shown to enhance skin elasticity, making it less prone to sagging and wrinkling. niacinamide also boosts the production of collagen and elastin, which are the proteins responsible for the skin's firmness and elasticity.
Supports Skin Hydration
Dry, dehydrated skin can be uncomfortable and leave skin looking lackluster. Niacinamide enhances the skin's ability to retain moisture, keeping it hydrated and plump. This makes it a perfect ingredient for individuals with dry or mature skin, who are more likely to have dehydrated skin.
Inflammation is the root cause of many skin concerns, including acne, rosacea, and eczema. Niacinamide has anti-inflammatory properties, making it useful in treating these skin conditions. It can help to reduce redness, soothe irritated skin, and even improve the appearance of acne scars.
Supports Skin Repair
Our skin's natural repair process is critical in maintaining its health and appearance. Niacinamide supports the production of ceramides, a type of lipid that repairs the skin's barrier and keeps it healthy. As a result, niacinamide is an excellent ingredient for individuals looking to improve the health and appearance of their skin
Promotes a Youthful Appearance
Aging skin can look dull and dehydrated, but niacinamide can help to reverse these signs of aging. As we previously mentioned, it helps increase collagen production, which gives our skin firmness and elasticity. Niacinamide an excellent ingredient for those who want to keep their skin looking youthful and radiant.
The All-Rounder of Modern Skincare
In conclusion, niacinamide is a versatile and effective ingredient in modern skincare, providing a range of benefits to improve skin health, appearance, and hydration. It can be found in a variety of skincare products, including serums, moisturizers, and face masks, making it easy to incorporate into your routine. To maximize its benefits, it is recommended to use products containing niacinamide as part of a comprehensive skincare routine, along with a balanced diet and adequate hydration. With its numerous benefits, niacinamide is a valuable ingredient that can help to transform your skin, leaving it looking brighter, hydrated, and more youthful.
Niacinamide + Squalane + Hyaluronic Acid
Niacinamide is a key ingredient in ETERNA, our revolutionary anti-aging night cream. The combination of niacinamide, squalane, and hyaluronic acid in ETERNA is a highly effective way to fight signs of aging and promote a youthful-looking complexion. These three ingredients work together to provide the skin with hydration, nourishment, and protection while you sleep.
Here are some of the key benefits of this combination:
- Hydration: Niacinamide helps to improve the skin's hydration levels by strengthening its natural barrier, while squalane helps to nourish and protect the skin. Hyaluronic acid is a powerful moisturizer that can hold up to 1000 times its weight in water, providing deep hydration to the skin.
- Anti-aging: Niacinamide helps to stimulate collagen production, which can help to firm up the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Squalane has antioxidant properties that can help to protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals, while hyaluronic acid can help to improve skin elasticity.
- Brightening: Niacinamide can help to reduce the production of melanin, which can cause dark spots, and improve the overall appearance of the skin.
- Nourishment: Squalane is a natural oil that is similar to the oil produced by the skin, helping to nourish and protect it. Hyaluronic acid provides deep hydration to the skin, while niacinamide can help to reduce inflammation.
- Protection: Squalane has antioxidant properties that can help to protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals and environmental aggressors, while niacinamide can help to improve the skin's natural barrier.
Discover more on our best-selling anti-aging & anti-wrinkle cream.
- INCI Decoder: Niacinamide Explained
- Niacinamide Protects Skin Cells from Oxidative Stress Induced by Particulate Matter
- A Review of the range of effects of niacinamide in human skin
- Nicotinic acid/niacinamide and the skin
- The effect of niacinamide on reducing cutaneous pigmentation and suppression of melanosome transfer
- Niacinamide: A B vitamin that improves aging facial skin appearance